75% of salespeople think they or their company are different. 3% of customers say they do it well. Most of the manufacturers we work with are in competitive markets. They have repeat business from a core base of clients
that can represent 80% (or more) of their revenue. These customers appreciate the value you bring to the relationship. The sales cycle is shorter, there are fewer negotiations, and there is less emphasis on price. Yet, they
don’t have a proactive plan to go and get more of these ideal clients.
Some of the reasons for this include:
• Not taking the time to determine what markets or targets to focus on and why
• Not understanding what will cause them to want to talk with you (value items)
• Not knowing how to contact them to discuss the value items without wasting time
• Spending too much time responding to less profitable opportunities to have time to prospect for new ones
• Wasting time quoting opportunities that don’t convert (low close rates)
• Relying on resellers and distributors who are quick to resort to features and benefits
If you are just requesting permission to quote or responding to requests for quotes without differentiating, you end up selling to price. Your prospects need to know why they should buy from you and not someone else. You need to know these reasons and be able to communicate them with clarity to the right people.
If you want to get in front of decision makers and catch their attention when they have a problem, and before they are talking to your competitors, this workshop is for you.
WHAT WE WILL COVER:
- How can I differentiate myself in a very competitive and mature marketplace?
- What is the real reason your customer will buy your solution instead of your competitor’s?
- How to determine what truly will differentiate you and your business in the eyes of the prospect
- How to communicate your unique selling proposition to the right people who will help spread the word
- How you can get your sales team (or distributors) to proactively prospect and get more and better appointments?