OSHA Safety Certificate Series
Upcoming OSHA Safety Certificate Series:
Next Series Date/Time: TBD
Need to build your safety program? Want help getting started?
This training program is intended to provide entry-level leadership and management in safety training for general industry. Learn how to build your health and safety management system. Training will emphasize hazard identification, control, and prevention.
Who Should Attend:
This highly interactive series is ideal for those with responsibility for their organization’s overall safety compliance, programs, and training and is applicable throughout industries such as manufacturing, distribution, colleges, restaurants, hotels, healthcare, construction, and biotech.
Classes and Descriptions:
- What are the Essential Safety and Health Management System Principals?
- What are your required to do and how do you create a duplicatable and sustainable model?
- How to Conduct a Job Hazard Analysis / Near Miss
- Learn how to do them, who should do them and how they are the foundation for a safety and health program focused on prevention.
- What does OSHA do and how will they impact my company?
- Citations and Fines
- What to do and not to do if OSHA shows up
- Forming a Safety Committee
- Why it’s important
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Monthly Meetings
- Key Elements of the OSHA Record Keeping Requirements
- OSHA 300 Logs
- Policy and Procedures
- Training Records
- Inspections and Maintenance Logs
- First Aid Documents
- Detail the Incident Investigation Process
- Who should do it? What should it include? What’s next?
- What are the Hierarchy of Controls?
- Engineering vs. Administrative Controls
- Outline the Safety Training Requirements for Your Company
- Create your own training matrix
- Know exactly what you are required to do for trainings and when
- The Variety of Monthly Inspection Requirements
- Build your company matrix
- What are HazCom / SDS
- Employee Training
- Global Harmonization Labeling and Symbols
- Know the basics
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) During COVID-19 and Beyond
- What are you required to do, train and buy?
- PPE and Face coverings in a pandemic
- Respiratory Protection
- Hearing Conservation
- Risks in Multiple Employee Worksite/Subcontractors
- Mitigate Risk
- How to Get the best use from the OSHA website
- Researching companies
- Free resources
- OSHA programs available to you
- Regulations and Letters of Interpretation
- Essentials of Forklift and Crane Safety – OSHA versus Massachusetts State Requirements
- What are the Electrical Safety Work Practices?
- Importance of Lock Out Tag Out Program
- NFPA 70e Overview and Requirements
- What is an Emergency Action Plan (EAP)?
- Why it’s essential to safety
- During a Pandemic
- Essentials in Fire Prevention
- Addressing Workplace Violence and Threats of Violence
- Building Your Exposure Control Plan (ECP)
- Bloodborne Pathogens (BBP) and Infectious Control
- Essentials of the First Aid OSHA Requirement (First aid, CPR, AED)
- Building your first aid team
- Supplies needed for your company
- Planning your Training and Drills
Best Western, 13500 S Willow Street, Manchester, NH