Lean Green and Energy
Lean Green and Energy
New Hampshire MEP’s Energy and Environmental Program targets and eliminates the root causes of energy related waste at all levels of the organization and is a key element to becoming a Next Generation Manufacturer.
To assist manufacturers with their energy consumption journey, New Hampshire MEP has developed an Energy and Environmental Program that utilizes and applies a series of tools:
- The Energy & Environmental Assessment identifies potential energy saving opportunities that you might not know exist.
- The Energy & Environmental Roadmap, using standard Lean principles such as Value Stream Mapping, with an energy overlay, and Kaizen events to further evaluate and address current state energy usage and waste.
- An Energy and Environmental Action Plan that provides management with a sustainable approach to reduce energy consumption and improve operational throughput.
Unlike conventional facility or engineered methods of reducing energy related waste, New Hampshire MEP’s Energy and Environmental Program identifies and improves the manufacturing process therefore reducing and sometimes eliminating the need for the energy that supports those processes. By reducing the need, a reduction of energy consumption is NOW maximized.
The New Hampshire MEP Energy and Environmental Program identifies and outlines:
- Reduced energy consumption as well as environmental and toxic wastes
- Ways to becoming a Green Company through recycling
- Energy used per unit
- Better usage of water, air, and other environmentally sustainable materials
- Reduction of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) in process and product and
- A step for manufacturing companies to become PA50 compliant and a Next Generation Manufacturer
|•||Reduce operating costs||•||Improve employee morale|
|•||Reduce vulnerability to energy and fuel price increases||•||Improve environmental quality|
|•||Meet customer expectations||•||Reduce green house gas emissions|
|•||Enhance productivity thresholds||•||Remain below air permitting emissions|
|•||Improve safety||•||Increase overall profits|
“Based on $40K of identified energy savings in the 33KSF pilot facility, we project more than $2M of energy savings opportunities exist within the Company footprint.”
BAE Systems, NH
Results of an Energy Assessment
For more information, please contact Jill Duddy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Holiday Inn Concord, 172 N Main St., Concord, NH
TBD, Concord, NH