LE104 Principles of Lean Supply Chain Management
Quickly Learn how to Apply Lean Supply Chain Methods by Participating in a Hands-on Supply Chain Simulation
LE104 is an accelerated learning workshop that conveys the benefits of using Lean Supply Chain methods to achieve breakthrough business performance. Key deliverables include:
• Understand the business case for collaborative supply chain improvement as a powerful driver of productivity, profitability and growth for all trading partners; and
• Understand how to practically apply Lean supply chain methods to substantially reduce total lead time and costs while simultaneously increasing the flexibility of the extended value stream.
Participants are empowered with an understanding of Lean Supply Chain Management concepts through a series of interactive presentations and team activities. The concepts are then applied in a live simulation that models a realistic supply chain. The hands-on format delivers a number of key “ah ha!” insights that are difficult to acquire through traditional learning methods.
Participants work together to build and deliver products via their roles in the simulation. The initial “business as usual” scenario includes high inventory levels, long lead times, inaccurate forecasts, and win/lose gaming throughout the supply chain.
Participants are challenged to improve the scenario by using Lean supply chain methods. A financial business case is presented that rationalizes and drives collaborative improvement with suppliers and customers to achieve sustainable benefits for all partners.
Data that is collected during and after each simulation round is entered into a scoreboard application which graphically displays all of the operational and financial performance results. Through a progression of simulation rounds, participants achieve order of magnitude improvements to the scenario:
- Reduced total lead time
- Increased throughput
- Improved on-time delivery
- Reduced variation
- Improved product quality
- Reduced operational expenses
- Increased productivity
- Increased available capacity
- This simulation is designed to empower employees and trading partners with the fundamental concepts of Lean supply chain management
- They quickly acquire the skills to optimize shared processes to improve the supply chain system as a whole
- Increase supply chain visibility
- Improve supply chain decision making
Target Audience: Managers and staff
Number of Participants: 18 – 20
Time Required: 8 Hours
Need to source a material or have extra capacity to produce? Learn about our Supplier Scouting & Matching Program, a free service that connects manufacturers and addresses your specific supply chain requirements.
Technology Demonstration on 3D Printed Parts Manufactured with the Desktop Metal Studio System for Defense Supply
Webinar on Wednesdays