Kaizen Rapid Improvement
Accomplish Performance Improvement in Days Rather than Months and Sustain the Gains
Kaizen Rapid Improvement is a Lean implementation event that involves a series of activities which follow a structured 10-step process enabling a team to achieve rapid, action-oriented improvements identified during the Value Stream Mapping Event.
Specifically, the Kaizen event addresses individual problem areas identified by Process Mapping, using the industry standard Plan– Do–Check–Act problem-solving model.
- Solve priority problems identified by VSM
- Bridge current state and targeted future state
Use intervention techniques to—
- Reduce production lead time, inventory, and cost Increase available capacity
- Decrease area footprint
- Reduce order lead time
- Reduce material and operator travel distance
The 10-step Kaizen process is a data-driven method of focusing on identifying and resolving specific problems related to the desired future state. Once these problems are identified and resolved, typical results are—
- 50% improvement in productivity
- 85% improvement in quality
- A Kaizen facilitator certified by the Time Wise Institute
- All the materials needed for a successful Kaizen event are supplied — includes a complete set of forms, guides, and detailed “how to” instructions
- An educational component that facilitates knowledge transfer of the Kaizen methodology to participants
- Access to Internet and client-site business technologies that provide a centralized team workspace for every VSM event
- Team services include event management tracking, document collaboration, library of reference materials with document templates and real-time performance monitoring.
- Effectively implement and sustain high impact improvement opportunities
- Accomplish in days what other methods take months to get done
- Reduce production lead time, inventory and cost Increase available capacity without additional capital investment Increase productivity and product quality at the same time
- Comprehensive roll-up report for management
- Kaizen storyboard (improvements)
Continuous improvement plan for sustaining improvements
For more information or to schedule a Kaizen event for your company, please call (603) 226-3200 or email Jill Duddy at email@example.com.
Technology Demonstration on 3D Printed Parts Manufactured with the Desktop Metal Studio System for Defense Supply
Webinar on Wednesdays