A wider reaching global supply chain exposes our food—and those companies within the food supply chain to increased risk. New Hampshire Manufacturing Extension Program (NH MEP) supports manufacturers and those within the supply chain managing operational risks, achieve food safety regulatory and certification standard requirements, and realize sustained business value.
Focused on Business Results
Over the last few years the food Industry and its supply chain has become increasingly more complex in regards to food safety and compliance with the advent of the Food Safety Modernization Act.
NH MEP Food Safety Industry Expert has:
- An in-depth understanding of the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) and third party certifications such as SQF, BRC and FSSC 22000
- Guidance in evaluating which food safety certification would best accommodate your business and markets you choose to participate in
- Pre-audit guidance and Gap analysis to better prepare your business for a FDA audit
- Individual & Customized Training on Numerous Food Safety Specific topics
Our Capabilities and Expertise go well beyond Food Safety Compliance and Certification
Unlike other food safety consultants, we bring a holistic approach to food safety compliance by combining extensive, practical hands-on experience, with a clear understanding of the business imperatives that are crucial to your success.
The food manufacturing experts at NH MEP can help you with all aspects of your business, including:
- Business Growth Services including Strategic Planning, Lead Generation and Marketing Assistance
- Supply Chain Management and Logistics Cost Reduction
- Business Efficiency services including Lean Manufacturing Techniques & Plant Layout , and Cost Segregation Services
No matter how large or small the organization, a food processing facility should regard food safety and concern for public health as its number one priority.
To meet your food safety training needs NH MEP offers a wide array of food safety courses including but not limited to:
Certification and Compliance
Every company has an obligation to its customers to provide safe and quality food. In addition, a growing number of companies require their producers and suppliers to implement a certification program. Certification to a GFSI-certified standard (e.g., SQF, IFS, BRC, FSSC 22000) demonstrates that a company is working actively to manage its food safety risks.
Connecting Compliance and Certification
It is difficult for companies to devote the resources required to maintain compliance activities at a sustained and satisfactory level—but it is essential. NH MEP understands the importance of developing and maintaining key internal controls that ensure the reliability of compliance systems and meet certification requirements.
Our experts help companies select the food safety standard that best aligns with business objectives and capabilities to ensure that compliance methods are optimized. We then manage the entire compliance and certification readiness process, working directly with onsite employees to mitigate risks, ensure certification, enhance market reputation, and drive business performance.
- FDA/FSMA compliance
- GFSI/HACCP/GMP certification readiness
- FSSC 22000, IFS, SQF, BRC certification consulting
- HACCP food safety plan development
- HACCP-certified training
- GFSI strategy, business plans, and implementation support
- GFSI integrity audits
- Training and certification for internal auditors
- Internal audit process development
- Process verification/validation
- Process improvement and redesign
For more information, please contact Lee Cronk at email@example.com.