Leadership Effectiveness Training (L.E.T.)™
Leaders know that it takes more than technical ability and business savvy to be successful in today's business environment. The ability to communicate and deal with arising conflicts effectively is equally, if not more, important.
Kevin Smith of MassMEP (Mr. Smith is an authorized trainer of L.E.T.™) offers leaders the proven communication and conflict resolution skills that are the basis of effective work relationships.
Leader Effectiveness Training (L.E.T.)™ teaches leaders Dr. Thomas Gordon's world-renowned model of human relationships. Participants learn both the basic philosophy underlying this model and, more importantly, use our Behavior Window™ to recognize when and how to use the skills to make it work.
What You Will Learn
The four basic relationship skills every leader needs are:
1. The ability to establish and maintain open communication with team members and co-workers.
2. The ability to listen with empathy so that others feel understood.
3. The ability to express his/her feelings and concerns clearly and honestly without blame.
4. The ability to resolve conflicts in such a way that no one loses.
How You and Your Company will Benefit
• Less absenteeism and turnover, because people enjoy coming to work more.
• Increased productivity, because team members are more motivated and commited when they are encouraged to participate (The Principle of Participation)
• Reduced stress, because problems and conflicts are faced and solved instead of ignored, avoided or badly handled.
• Higher creativity, better decisions, more flexibility and resilience because people work in teams more effectively.
• Less time spent overcoming resistance, refereeing squabbles and overseeing people, freeing-up time for thinking, planning and truly leading.
All L.E.T.™ workshops are led by specially trained and authorized L.E.T.™ trainers. Throughout the three-day intensive program, leaders will participate in skill-building through role-plays, one-on-one coaching, small group discussions and feedback, and specially-designed workshop exercises.
Kevin Smith of MassMEP offers follow-up programs which are designed to reinforce, troubleshoot, encourage and support leaders' attempts to put these skills to work.
Copyright © , NH MEP
The New Hampshire Manufacturing Extension Partnership does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, disability, age, political affiliation or belief. This nondiscrimination policy encompasses the operation of all educational and training programs and activities. It also encompasses the employment of personnel and contracting for goods and services.